A little mini short one today in the hope that I can get to bed early and not repeat this morning’s cycle. Recipe for a hazy morning:
- Sleep too late and try to wake up early.
- Decide you’re far too tired and attempt to sleep some more.
- Entertain the worry that something might happen to a loved one while your phone is on airplane mode (!) and switch off airplane mode.
- Become intrigued by the cacophony of sounds and notifications. Check emails, messages and of course Facebook.
- Wonder how your ex is doing and nip to said profile to have a wee look.
- Repeat with another few people.
- Emerge an hour later suffering from low blood sugar and all kinds of existential questions.
- Decide that you have now lost your morning yoga slot and attempt to get out of bed, feeling hazy.
- Get distracted by a phone notification and get sucked into yet more screen staring.
- Finally manage to pull yourself out of bed and into the shower for the day to actually begin.
Thankfully breakfast + general morning activity + some sunshine eventually helped me come to some kind of lively state but suffice to say this morning was not my proudest moment. It did however show me a lot about how important it is to make it easier for myself to make my preferred decisions in moments of weakness. And to always get enough sleep. On which note….